PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue skies for Qantas in new workplace laws
Old 5th Dec 2005, 15:42
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That young women just crystalised every nagging doubt and outright distrust I have ever had about Globalisation, GWB and T.W.A.T.

That she is able to foresee some sort of great undoing is admirable...but it will probably not be in our lifetimes....and what damage will be done in the meantime?

It also answers the question I have had of late...Why does mainstream media NEVER ask the hard questions...the greatest reason I can see for fighting cross media ownership, read monopolies, by politically 'connected' billionaire multinational (those who take up nationalities of convenience...i.e US citizenship) media moguls....the never ask and pursue answers to the hard questions.

Take also Hollywood as an example of mass brainwashing....EVERY SINGLE war that the US has fought, or supplied those who were fighting (Mujahadeen/Taliban anyone) since WW2 has had a rash of War movies that paint America as the great altruistic saviours of the poor down-trodden masses...the Rambo movies are a classic example of this.....movies are in production as I type about 911...want to lay bets that the big movie moguls and the US Govt have decided the US population need a little reminding about 'What this is all about" at a time when the average US Citizen is waivering in their resolve to support the lunatic right of US politics...and the multinational corporations that put them there and keep them there?

This, Hollywood brainwashing, is the main reason the US Govt has no end of volunteers ready to go to various places that just happen to have oil and chant "Burn muthafcker burn".

Even the UN is in on the deal....witness the food for oil scandals of late....anyone still wonder why the UN has singularly and spectacularly failed to intervene in a timely fashion let alone stop ANY WAR of any size since it's inception?

They'd rather haggle over the meaning of genocide while entire populations are wiped out in Darfor....and studiously ignore Rwanda until caught out and embarrassed into some semblance of a response that is way to little, way to late to ever be characterised as 'action'

Likewise they are obviously to busy to do much about Mugabe who is at least as big of a fckwit as Saddam but lacks the crude oil reserves necesary to focus the minds of the 'world leaders'.

What a truely fcked up world we will be handing to our children.

I recently watched Donald Sutherland interviewed on BBC World...His passionate distrust of the current US Govt and Globalisation was inspiring..in a part of the interview that wandered onto the subject of his activism over a lifetime he was moved to tears as he stated with unmasked fury "What right do we have...WHAT RIGHT!!!...what about our children?"

Chuck.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 5th Dec 2005 at 16:01.