PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue skies for Qantas in new workplace laws
Old 5th Dec 2005, 06:22
BHMvictim

Yes, I am a union member. (Aparently, a "crime" in some eyes). However, my fear of the IR reforms has nothing to do with so called union power.

My fear of the reforms are that all the hard work that I have done in the passed, the overtime, the extra bit here and there will no longer be rewarded.

Doing this extra bit in the passed, has enabled me to save enough money to finally be in a position to buy my own home. It has enabled me to use Australias generous leave and public holidays to travel....and I have afforded this through doing that bit extra and being rewarded for it.

Under the reforms, Howard wants me to do that bit extra for no reward, thus keeping the reward in Dixons pocket. (Not shareholders... DIXONS. We all know that the fatter QF gets, the fatter Dixon gets).
No longer will the average Aussie be able to enjoy life. We now must work extra hard for NO reward. We will no longer be experiencing life. We will be enduring survival.

More coins kept in the shiny white bucket at the expense of the well worn blue bucket.