PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official 'I hate BA crew thread'.
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2005, 23:42
MrHorgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To get this thread on track once more, I recently flew back from America to the UK with BA. As crew myself with a charter airline, and my mum working for BA, i'm fairly appreciative of the work they all put in, but of course, everyone is different.

On my outbound flight LGW-ORL the crew did not seem approachable. When I work an 8 hour flight in economy I have rest periods and find myself bored, so thinking they may be the same tried to engage them in conversation - "Can I see your galley", "What's it like at BA my mum keeps on at me to apply, "I'm crew how you find it" etc etc.. I was met with general grunts and disinterest. Crew as they walked up and down from what I saw did as much as was required and little more.

On the inbound sector it was far more pleasant ATL-LGW. (The original flight from ORL having gone tech and me being shifted around to get home) Crew seemed friendly and generally interested in what they were doing during services. Half the IFE in the aircraft had gone on strike so they spent a fair proportion of the flight trying to get it working. Eventually a very cheerful CSD offers me an upgrade to Steerage Plus (probably because I moved around the cabin for the benefit of other pax) which I gladly accepted. This time crew as they pass down actually engage ME in conversation, asking who I work for, etc.. and seem generally grateful I bothered to help them by moving.

Two very different accounts, but the bottom line is every flight is very different. BA crew seem very professional in their actions, but in some cases could be more approachable. But again, everyone's a different case!

Horgy