PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official 'I hate BA crew thread'.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 23:40
Kremmen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could I suggest that maybe anyone posting to this thread who isn't actually aircrew should first be made to work for 3 months doing the hours & duties that the BA/VS etc CC have to do. If, at the end of those three months, you're still standing toe-to-toe with these guys, then maybe post comments about their standard of service.
No you may not suggest. SLF pay your wages. Some of us travel a wide variety of different airlines and have a GOOD appreciation of standards on board. We have the choice who to fly.

The work that cabin crew put in is alot.

As always on this board the nameless heros step forward to abuse and belittle aircrew. What a joke.

Cabin crew are there for your safety and comfort.

STOP the abuse.
While there may be some abuse 738cpt (nameless also) I would imagine in your elavated position you can see what is constructive criticism and what is not and have the intelligence to work out which is which. In fact, as the discussion here has been developing, you can see that the cabin crew's role is much more than safety and comfort. The cabin crew are the face of BA for many and if they don't measure up in service BA is tainted.

I broadly agree with the notion that longhaul BA varies enormously from "really quite atrocious" to "excellent". In my opinion from hundreds of flights: Shorthaul is usually "very good". In fact, BA is MUCH better than its US competitors who are often "AAbysmal" (even in Club/Business) and certainly in economy tend to outshine KLM, AF and Virgin (which I think is truly atrocious in Economy). Lufthansa Club was appaling in my one experience and ThomsonFly was excellent!

It IS great to be ending a long hard trip to get onto BA and relax. We know most CC work hard; we know some are outstanding; some flights are brilliant, and from experience we know that some crews need training to appreciate the "customer-facing" importance of their role.

If you boarded a long haul flight and your seat had the remains of the previous occupant's meal and detrious on it how would you react when a passenger mentioned this? Couldn't care less or would you get on with cleaning it up (with the passenger's help)?

If any CC are working this Christmas day are you doing it voluntarily or under duress? I had a special flight ruined by the poor service and attitude of the CC on Christmas Day.

It's all about service. Mostly you guys and gals are great. Just get rid of the bad apples.