PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways CityExpress
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 22:42
Railgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the exception of LHR / LGW BA is indeed dumping all its ground contracts in favour of Servisair / Globeground which appears its prefered handler. It will in addition licence that company to do all its own training. This is already in effect in the USA where Evergreen handle about 90% of our activities.
For the last 25 years everyone has said the BA were going to move to ground handling agents in the regions. In MAN if a handling agent was going to be brought in in the forseable future why would they have been offering staff with long service vol redundancy to reduce the head count? Surely this would not have needed to be done as it is costing BA money that is not needed to be spent?

I believe CDG has been taken over by a handling agent now or is in the throws of it with the staff coming in one day to be notified they will shortly not be working for BA anymore.

Most of the European handling is now done by handling agents i believe.

I guess we will wait and see what happens in the regions and at LGW on the ground, the only sacred place in BA is at LHR. The airline started all those years ago in LHR and that is where it is going to end.