PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex Ansett 737 FOs
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2001, 15:32
Bronte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bambi

The answer to your question regarding paying for endoresments at this stage is a big fat "I don't know". We do not understand the fine details of the FoxLew bid nor any others. All I can suggest is that Ansett will continue to be a full service airline in all probability and as such wages should be in line with those at QF, and we should keep the training department as it is today. (although only the A320 and Sf340 sim will probably remain) I think we will keep quite a few of the management pilots on board and most of our current practises at flight operations should remain the same. (same AOC, SOPs, Ops manual ect.)

However, if LewFox (or succesful bidder) gets wind that new pilots would be willing to pay for thier endoresments then of course this is a possibilty. I doubt this will happen unless we go down the path of a discount carrier, which is very unlikely.

As a final thought, I wouldn't expect that Ansett MkII will employ non-Ansett or Ansett group pilots for something like 5 years. I have not heard of any A320 pilots who intend to resign (some WERE going to Dragonair, until Mr bin Laden came along....) and there are a hell of a lot of BAe146, 767 (particulary) and 737 pilots very keen to stay with AN at all costs, many very senior. As well, all CRJ pilots are now out of work and cannot go back onto the Metro (I think these are all going) or the Saab (many of these are going). To make matters worse, I don't think ANY airline ANYWHERE (apart from QF & VB at AN expense!) is hiring now or in the near future, so options overseas are exteremerly limited for AN crew. Sorry to paint a bleak picture but I don't think any "outsider" should worry if they will have to pay for the A320 endoresment or not, well at least for the next 5 years anyway! Best of luck to all.