PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Crew Pilot Licence (MCL)
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 22:58
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flopsie

The type ratingis almost entirely in a sim!

First solo is very straight-forward. Unless your instructor was criminally negligent you would not have been sent off in difficult circumstances as I specified. In fact a range of circumstances is very important too. It breeds flexibility.

I am not missing the point. I am not saying there shuold be no CRM training. I approve of the increases there, have an MCC myself and would expect company-specific training on a CRM course when I fly multi-crew.

The point you are missing is that this training has to be built on a strong foundation of a skilled pilot with a little experience behind him of both flying and making decisions in the real world. I have always criticised integrated courses for too little of this, and the MPL will be worse. I am not talking only about handling skills, but primarily skills closer to the airmanship side and others that are less easy to pin down but all instructors see developing in pilots post-PPL.

BEagle suggests an elegant compromise, although I disagree about the utility of attempting NDB holds. It drastically increases the ability of a pilot to think and fly at the same time, and tests such skill.