PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to QANTAS business class??
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 16:25
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately due to managements decision to have near minimum crew on, the service is less than perfect, not to any fault of the crew. The whole spilling coffee over another passenger, well mistakes do happen, i would like to see you try it sometime. If they had another two F/A's up there in j/class and y/class it would make the service a bit better and trust me, the crew would appreciate it a lot more. As for the j/class seating layout etc, what can you do? If you find it necessary to travel with DJ, then so be it, personally i would never fly DJ due to bad experiences.

Again due to lack of time and staff (again management's decision) things liked ripped magazines in seat pockets can't be noticed every flight. The cleaners have very little time to get the aircraft cleaned etc and don't have any time to go through every seat pocket to ensure the magazines are in order. However if it was December you travelled in, then Decembers' magazine should've been loaded.

I think you are getting a little petty when you say your headphones didn't work, they come pre-packaged and assembled by an outside company etc, if they are broken when QF receive them, how can they tell if they're working or not........and OH MY GOD!!!! you had to wait 7 songs before your favourite song came on the radio! maybe they should ask every passenger what their favourite song is and pre-program it so it's the first one you listen to! and if the movie wasn't on channel 14, it would've been on another channel where another passenger would've been listening to something, it is unavoidable.

In regards to the faulty stickers you would've seen in the galley. This could be something like for some reason a cupboard door is jammed and the crew can't open it, so it is a note for the next crew and a note entered for the engineer in the arrival port. Or something like an OH & S issue that the breaks on a cart aren't working properly, so they crew have left a note for the crew taking over so they don't use it. A lot of the time things can't always be fixed in the arriving port so have to be logged for the engineer and fixed say when the aircraft eventually gets back to SYD, the faulty sticker is then used as a courtesy to the next crew.

I admit, the j/class and even y/class domestic product could be a lot better, but due to some decisions by management, the standard has slightly dropped.

Personally, i would rather fly on the A330 rather than they old, 767, no thanks!

Oz