PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to QANTAS business class??
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 11:45
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What happened to QANTAS business class??

What's happened to Qantas business class

My flight today:

Check in - that's fine.
Board 10 minutes late.. waiting.. waiting..
Newspapers come around - no Fin Review anymore
Next I see a QMaint guy with 100 mile an hour tape (airframe tape) get on.
Announcement "Sorry for the delay we are just repairing some panels in the cabin that a falling off" (This is an A330!).
So I decide to listen to music, so I reach into the seat pocket and pull out a torn up QANTAS way magazine with a heap of pages torn off the back , and the back cover missing. I start looking for what music is on [meanwhile we get airborne 20 mins late]. I start looking through then notice it's Novembers magazine.

Well time to get the flight attendant to bring some new headphones and a new QANTAS way mag.. but of course, my flight attendant buzzer button thingy doesn't work.

Eventual I get up and talk to the Flight At., he checks - they don't have any December magz on board! The movie is a December movie, but the radio service is a november service. Anyway, I finally settle in to old last months tunes, waiting for my favourite song to come on (wait about 7 songs) - then - "Ladies and gentlemen, the movie will now start, sound on Channel 14" . The music comes back on, and somehow the entire system has skipped forward 14 songs. So I roll my eyes and think, well I'll watch the movie. Roll over to 14, and the sound channel is broken on the entire aircraft. Not to worry, I didn't bring my binoculars to watch the 30 cm screen placed 4 to 5 meters away anyway. Not a single drop down screen on the left or right column of seats.

Why did they get rid of the individual screen on the seat in domestic business class - and now you have shared armrests and less width on the seat (back to bashing elbows again). The seats are more closely spaced (I'm sure of it!) - back to climbing over people.

My bag did come out in the first batch as promised today, but my last three flights it has almost been last??

Where's the value for money gone from business class.

Oh but the inflight entertainment did pickup when the Flight attendant spilt a coffee over another pax.