PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair's view on fatigue (merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2005, 22:32
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post A Sunday reflection.

1) There are a lot of demotivated and unhappy pilots working for this airline.
Uninformed, misguided point number one. Ignoring the customary aphorism that pilots, like sailors, are never really happy unless they're complaining about something, the numbers of card carrying members off the seriously pissed-off club number around 3% of our pilot corps, currently around the 1000 mark. Hardly an avalanche of discontent, is it.
The MD appears to have a very clear idea about where his flight crews and a/c fit into the overall operation of making a profit.
Ya think?

And now for the really funny stuff. The giggle fest that is, and I thank you, the highlight of a dreary Sunday.
Therefore it is vitally important that the IAA/IALPA determine the actual state of affairs at RYR - and sort this problem out quickly and satisfactorily.
My dear chap, or chapette, there are a few things you're clearly and, one presumes, happily oblivious of. First of all, the IAA are a world class regulator and operate independently of political or commercial influence to the same JAR-OPS standards as are held all contracting states. The IAA regularly examine the Ryanair operation, in Dublin, Stansted, and in fact, all of Ryanair's 15 European bases. Anyone who actually works for Ryanair as I do will know well just how constant they are in their attentions and influence, as even a cursory review of FCI's and Memoranda over recent years will reveal. There is, regrettably, a certain vocal, unsavoury and devious element (hello Evan) which is beside itself in seeking to create a nexus between the entirely unrelated fact of Ryanair's colossal success (€100 million profit per month) and presumed inadequate regulatory oversight.
The IAA are well satisfied with the nature of Ryanair's operation, as are the vast majority of those of us who work here.

Now then, lets wet our beaks in the lower and far more jolly level of your tiny inferno, with apologies to Dante Aligieri. You presume, I deduce, that IALPA is an organisation inclined toward an independent and even handed analysis of an airline company with a view to highlighting unfair work practices and pressing for change to the general benefit and tree-hugging bonhomie for all concerned? IALPA is a turgid, morally corrupt organisation. An entity choking on the sulphur of its own irrelevance. In seeking to reverse this inevitable decline in the face of a dynamic, mature and developed market environment, there is no depth to which they will not sink in attempting to cast Ryanair in a light of malfeasance. Recent months has seen them nearly bankrupt a decent man after their 'strategy' (and I use the word in its loosest sense) proved fruitless. Then they seemed to favour the idea of convincing a group of our longest serving employees to fork out €15000 each for their own type ratings, even though the company offered to pay, and in recent weeks, evidently unhappy with the progress of their muck-spreading in other areas, have twisted themselves in half trying to cast aspersions on our standards of maintenance and even our engineering prowess, both of which, I can assure you, are among the highest on earth.