PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solo practice of stall recovery
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2002, 21:28
Captain Sand Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe these particular flying schools do not authorize solo stall recoveries because their instuctors don't have the experience or competence to teach the maneouvre or to know when to authorize their student to try it solo.. .Maybe this inexperience is also the reason for insisting on the use of a VASIS (incredible!!).. .It could also be that what we are seeing is the roll on effects of decreasing experience in the piloting community, i.e. degradation of pure flying skills.. .BelowTenThousand isn't too far off the mark.. .The (alledged) military flying training school I am presently contracted want their cadets to be taught to recover at the first sign of stall. They are only shown a fully developed stall once by their instructors. This - I am told - is the USAF way of doing it.. .After reading some of these posts I am thankful for the thorough and comprehensive training I recieved in the RAAF.. .Another good reason for the budding aviators of today to look v.carefully when choosing which flying school to use.