PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solo practice of stall recovery
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2002, 02:39
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Re the rudder use in the stall, I was taught to use it to prevent further yaw, not to pick up the wing - obviously the comments above about huge rudder inputs at airspeeds around the stall apply.. .. .It can be hard to recognise when the yaw has stopped though, especially with the nose dropping and an angle of bank on, so in practice rudder to prevent further wing drop works well, as long as it's in conjunction with the other stall recovery actions, of course.. .. .The following list of recovery actions will no doubt be pretty familiar to many; I like them, but perhaps others may have some improvements?. .. .1. Simultaneously apply full power, control wheel or column centrally forward sufficient to unstall the wings (i.e. IAS increase, buffet stops) and rudder to prevent further yaw.. .. .2. When control regained, level wings with aileron, climb away.. .. .3. Check configuration (gear, flaps if applicable), look after the engine.. . . . <small>[ 25 March 2002, 22:40: Message edited by: Arm out the window ]</small>