PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solo practice of stall recovery
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2002, 14:17
Sean Simpson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An advanced stall is with anything but a clean configuration - eg: Landing Config, Climbing Turn etc, when the likelihood of a wingdrop is increased considerably. As you would know it's very important to use full opposite rudder and not aileron to correct the wing drop, which is the obvious instinctual reaction, but to get this ingrained takes more practice than dual training can offer.. .. .I'm surprised that some schools don't allow what is an essential part of training and confidence building. It's one thing to do them when you've got someone sitting next to you to pull you out of it when things go bad, quite another to keep your wits when the right seat is empty.. .. .Having said that I still clearly recall I was shi_ting myself when they sent me out to do them solo. . .. .Also surprises me regarding short/soft field practice - how can people learn to do these effectively and competantly without doing them solo ?. .. .Incipient and developed spins and spirals should be mandatory, ok maybe not solo though...but then again...