PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 24th Nov 2005, 02:46
McGowan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
neat12,
Try not to pay attention to people like gymble, sounds like he is one who has done it tough and not been good enough to make anything of himself in the helicopter industry. I have seen a few of that type.
If you have to work for low wages to start, at least you are getting paid (don't work for nothing). As soon as you stop gaining from your employer, move on, but don't go until you have another job to go to.
Stick with it, it is worth it in the long run. You can't expect to be on $100,000+ a year the day you get your licence.
(Took me years, but I'm there in a single, with no twin, IFR or military experience other than 6 years as a stoker with RAN, at a time when the lowest form of human life was a "birdie")
In any profession you serve some kind of apprenticeship. It is worth it in the end. The helicopter industry is full of good people, good jobs and the machinery is getting better all the time, you just have to filter out the idiots, and they tend to stand out as you may have guessed.