PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea Jet
Thread: Sea Jet
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2005, 13:11
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just HOW likely is that now old chap, really eh?
Er... just about as likely as any other time (1/4/82 springs to mind)

I would also like to say that in the future it won't just Jack on the recieving end of a missile but also Jenny Doris Crab and Perce. Mercifully, I have only ever been on the Fire Fighting and damage control plaforms in Raliegh and that was scary enough. I dread to think what it is like in the real thing. And I sincearly hope no one on this board ever finds out.

Here's a thought...

Say the RN were compelled to insure the whole fleet with loyds of london. The risk people assess the ships indiviually and set the premiuns according to the individual ships defensive capapbility. T23? no probs nice low premium there, T42? Well getting long in the tooth ain't so good at Aird defence any more so a bit higher. MCMV/SRMH? minimal A/D nil Submarine defence but only carries 30-odd of ships company - relatively low replacement value - good. Overall defence of the fleet is good as they have sea harrier / Seabag to provide Air defence and T23 to take care of the Sub/Surface threat. Now what happens after 31/03/06? The premiums get loaded because the risk to the fleet becomes greater. What do you think they'd load those premiums by? I suspect it would be more than £109 Million.