PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Maun
Thread: Flying in Maun
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2005, 15:23
flying paddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

In response to this posting and to save writing to a lot of people here is a bit more detail. What a great place Botswana is I have just got back from Maun. I too was curious about working there. It is a really great place, HOT though. It is very hard to discribe the place in any great detail. It is like nowhere else I have ever been. Very Interesting.

My top tip I would give you would be to go there yourself, I went around all the firms myself and they all said that you have to be there to get the job. Now they did say that there was work coming up and that lots of pilots where leaving. The impression that I was given was to have also a botswanain 206 rating and some exprience of flying in Botswana. I unfortunately could not stay, personal reasons though it was not for lack of trying to stay. I would loved to have lived and worked there for a few years.

Before I did return to the Uk though I did sus out a little known flying school ( i think it is the only one) in Gaborone the capital. I spoke to John Kula the CFI and they do a type rating and licence conversion there. I would strongly recommend that you contact him.(top air service: email at [email protected]. Cheap as well. I most certainly got the impression that it would be a great advantage, when applying to the companies.

Other than that it looks like a wonderful place the companies are all different in what they require, and the place itselfs is fantastic.

It would be a great experince for anyone to go there. The Beer is cold, though very few women.

I am sure you all have millions of questions. If you wish you can PM me with any that you have. please keep them short.

Kind Regards

Paddy