PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to cease in-flight meals
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2001, 17:11
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
I've flown with all 3. On the whole I'd have to say I thought Ansett provided the better service, I did have a few average flights but overall i'd definately have to say that the service and quality of the flight were the best.

I travelled on VirginBlue a couple of times and honestly I found the girls very appealing on the eye, but even as a 20 something I found their 'carryon' so to speak a little bit much and honestly a touch unprofessional. Singing on boarding annoucnements and chanting over PA systems to me doesn't really say 'professional'. Other than that though the FAs were very attentive and very happy to be there, which does make it a nicer experience.

Qantas on the whole I found to just be stale, 'most' (not ALL) of the FAs just didn't seem to care about why they were there, you almost felt as if they were doing you a favour. One flight walking down the aerobridge the smell of aftershave nearly killed me, sure enough a FA compliment of 100% blokes, would have bent over backwards(bad pun) and were happy and friendly to everyone . Without being sexist or ageist at both AN and QF the 'bad' eggs so to speak are the older women, some of the FAs seem to treat you like your mum does after broke her best china. Sit down over there and be quiet...and don't make me come over there!!I guess it comes down to the individual flight and crew on the day. I know that FAs have to put up with a lot of crap from a lot of rude people, but just because the guy behind you or infront was being a prick doesn't mean that they need to be rude to everyone else...