PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair's view on fatigue (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2005, 09:59
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for the record, there is a blatant accusation contained in Leo Hairy Camel's post about a particular captain. I just want to add my bit, which is that I don't know this person at all well but my inquiries tell me that certain figures in Ryanair management want to portray him in a particular light. Funnily enough that light is generally as outlined by our friend "Line pilot Leo". The captain certainly does not have the same profile with his colleagues as described by Leo, whose “line pilot” antennae seem to have let him down.

Leo, while some people seem to have elevated their notions to the point that they are fact (such as you have done), it would appear that once again this is more about "Ryanair facts" than real facts. It is not a matter of the Ryanair management team being persuaded that something is a fact that is important - it is whether or not it is true.

Yours is the one true voice of management here and may I remind you that earlier this year you and the rest of us observed the inability of Ryanair management to sustain the serious but bogus and contrived accusations against Captain Goss. The accusations made against him were so alien to the man we all know that their dishonesty was obvious to all. Ryanair, may I remind you, paid all the costs of that case (notwithstanding many attempts to portray the facts to be otherwise).

You clearly have sources for your accusations – but Leo, the real issue is: are they right? Or is this another case of “sacrificing one pilot to sort the others out is a good deal? All of this is typically rationalised by Ryanair along the lines of “nothing personal, just business”. Kinda like what you would say to somebody in The Godfather just prior to their execution?