PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair's view on fatigue (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2005, 16:13
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Never let truth get in the way of a good story.

Well said, Ark. So many quibbling ninnies still seeking to punch beyond their weight class. Sad, were it not so pathetic. Any JAR-OPS 1 AOC holder can set themselves up any EU member state. Peculiar, don't you think, that the chattering dopes never seem inclined to turn their gaze toward the unsafe failing airlines? Only the safe successful, and dare I say it, Irish registered ones.

As for the case at hand, you'd all do well to acquaint yourselves with the facts before queuing up to hurl guano in the direction of Dublin. Could it be that this particular captain was a belligerent individual who has, for quite some time, held the view that he'd work only when it suited him? Any clue how many "duvet days" he's had when it was all a bit much to climb out of bed on a beastly cold morning? Refusing to have a mobile switched on, rendering him effectively uncontactable when on duty? De-facto work to rule campaigns aren't on, are they. Well, not for those of us compelled to work for a living, anyway.

If he has a problem with his demotion, though, there's always that 16.2% Icelandic owned company, Easyjet. They're looking for some people now that BALPA has completely and utterly destroyed their once workable roster system and they’re haemorrhaging pilots quicker than Delta dumps its pension obligations. 5 on, 3 off at Ryanair doesn't look too bad from a distance, does it, and with 5/4, maybe even 5/5 and part time work just around the corner too, and its hard to imagine there will be 737 pilots working for anyone else, soon. Except perhaps for our first officer who has odd ideas about his command 'availability'. Strange attitude, but I've always thought £8000 per month is enough to keep my phone switched on during turn arounds.