PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When are Ryanair going to grow up and stop lying?????
Old 16th Nov 2005, 17:26
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
slim_slag: Just another anonymous web site there Globaliser.
Actually, I see a lot of apparently real names being used on that site, so I don't actually agree.

Also, it's worth reading the pages for different airlines on that site. Most attract a balance of good and bad comments. Everyone can judge for themselves what the balance is in respect of RYR, at least in the more recent comments that you can currently read. No doubt they stem only from the small minority of RYR flights that go wrong - but you can't complain of being uninformed about what happens as a RYR pax when things do go pear-shaped.

If nothing else, read the RYR pages, and then read the EZY pages. Same random pool of members of the public. Obvious mix of experienced and inexperienced passengers. No interest groups that are paid to bombard that site with anti-RYR rhetoric. Yet the contrast between them is pretty marked.
What do you think of this then.
Ryanair cancels due to fog Is this any different from what one of the larger so called full service legacy carriers would do?
As I understand it, yes, on two accounts.

First, I'm told that the airlines like BA have equipment like Cat 3 autoland that airlines like RYR find too expensive to fit and maintain and to keep their crews current on. So sometimes BA can keep flying when RYR has to stop. Not being in the industry, I'll be glad to be corrected if I'm wrong about this.

Second, when RYR cancels a flight or a series of flights, you might have to wait days for the next available RYR flight - as the accounts given on the Skytrax website and elsewhere consistently report. Or else you just get your money back, which is not much good if you're stranded downroute. Major airlines do much more to get you out, or home, often re-routing on another carrier to do so even if it means reaccommodating in someone else's business class. (Yes, it has happened to me.)