PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Aviation...............safety problem or not ?
Old 13th Nov 2005, 08:48
huntnhound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think (and that makes a change) that this whole thread revolves around a diversity or equality issue in the first place. Clearly the police bosses didnt want the student to fail and the student was encouraged to either submit a grievance or make a complaint. There is an attitude in police training that a) anyone can do police "job" and b) if they fail the course its the fault of the trainer.

We are without doubt passengers, and long may it continue. If only for the overtime. No Chief constable will want to lose control over their officers, so being "crew" simply isnt going to happen.

To answer an earlier point... there is a National Air Suport trainers manual...therefore there is a National standard. Any unit having problems with initial air observers courses should re-visit their selection procedure. I am reasonably confident with ours now, to the point i know when I start a course, I am working with people who have the potential.

HnH