PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go Emirates!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2005, 05:00
SQ Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Blueloo the Cadets at SQ are given an opportunity because there is no opportunity to get the licence etc in Singapore and SQ needs lots of pilots. The Cadetship in my view is justified. I don't believe it to be the case with QF when you have so many GA pilots who have worked pretty hard to get where they are.

In any case we live in a global market so you go where the jobs are. I am always amazed that airlines always seem to take on this national identity and soft spot for those who are not commerically astute. Why is it when beer, computer, car and a whole host of other industries become global nobody really cares. Why is an airline any different. Why is it that QF drivers are so worried about the ever changing landscape. If it's good for the consumer then it's good all round. If you can't compete then don't play.

At the end of the day its all about getting passengers from A to B. The brand they travel with will depend on market segment, price and service satisfaction. I think Virgin has the right idea and can't understand resistance to the extra competition requested by two airlines that are doing a good job.