PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad English
Thread: Bad English
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 13:45
CBD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny , seen or should i say "heard the same sort of carry on many years ago at parafield!"

Just a case of know where you are and have eyes in the back of your head , as those tobagos come hunting you down!!
Also as the workload grows on students , E.G more that 2 or 3 aircraft in the circuit their focus becomes on flying and they seem to loose their communication skills. ( not a dig but just what i have observed) as im sure this happens to many who are learning to fly.

But it's also funny how the lack of english skills can lead you astray in the circuit as it can in the theory exams.

Don't want to hijack the thread , but i believe the same goes for Casa/asl theory examinations.

Why is it these days you have to be a english expert/mind reader to guess/interpret what the examiners are asking you?
Give me related questions on systems , met , irex etc and i'll give you the correct answers. sit me in front of a computer asking double dutch question with a time limit and i can give you an explination. Although there are usualy only 3-4 simular multiple choice answers.
Why is it they (the authorities at be) give you so much greif with the questions (by mixing up what they ask , making you interperate their english) than asking proper serious operational questions?
Are you supposed to be an english expert instead of a pilot who knows his systems etc , or are you suppose to be the almighty knowall???