PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast approach speed
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 11:19
DaveMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Folks

I would just like to say that a number of people have implied that I thought the aircraft landed too fast. I did not state that and did not imply it either; my comment was that the second approach appeared faster, to me.

OzExpat, Flap 5, Old Smokey

I wondered about there being no PA but just assumed that the pilots were busy and would get to it eventually.

Baron Rouge

I did not mention the carrier because I did not think it relevant to the discussion. I have also noticed a tendency for topics to be highjack if certain carriers are mention and did not want this to occur.
It of course occurred to me that this was a normal go around and would not have asked the question but for the fact that the second approach appeared faster to me, relative to the first BR, you seem almost insulted by my asking a question of this nature, as if I had an alterative motive for posting. I was genuinely interested in the possible reasons for this situation and also curious. Is there something wrong in that?
As for your clip about using me as an airspeed indicator, there is one fundamental problem in your assumption, that my services would be free of charge.

Cheers to all for the replies

Dave