PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overqualified?
Thread: Overqualified?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 18:44
Danny_manchester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you can understand that if somebody has a degree in physics, it would be much more desireable than a degree in any type of engineering.

Come on, if 2 pilots share the same flight experience, would an airline recruit somebody with a degree which can be obtained by somebody with minimal qualifications, or a degree in lets say physics, which is a lot harder to pass than engineering. *(Experience of a uncle with a Eng. degree, and his wife with a BDS degree.)

If you are a direct entry pilot, your credentials are extreamly important, and i think you will find if you would have spoken to the airlines before your degrees, they would have advised you to take a strong academic subject.

1st class is not much to be impressed by, if it was in EEng. i mean how hard can it be? compared to strong academic subject, the answer is .................... Not very. Please refrain from showing off, when there is nothing to show off about.

regards.

Also, please be kind enough to point out where my anger is coming from? I think that you will find that it is more moronic people who should read up on the simple things in life such as REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT ENT. PILOTS. there is no such thing as being over qualified for any position, oh .............. possible if a doctor were to apply for an Engineering degree.