PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overqualified?
Thread: Overqualified?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 18:06
Pole Hill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny_manchester,
It really irritates me when people post questions that they know the answer to, and are just looking to gloat,
I find people irritating that post untrue facts motivated by unnecessary anger.
It may seem like a silly question to a person that has some experience of aviation, but to a newcomer it is not. Being overqualified is a real problem in other industry's.

You will however be underqualified when compared to those who have graduated with degrees such as, MBBS BAO BA, LLB, BDS etc. and there are quite a few people with degrees in medicine, Chemistry, law, physics, dentistry, mathematics etc. who do apply. this will be the time to start thinking and posting "am i underqualified?"
So an Engineering degree is seen in as derogatory? I suggest that you speak to the people that recruit pilots...
A degree may have some bearing, but there is much more emphasis on your flying qualifactions and experience. There will be more emphasis (but generally not mandatory) on the degree if you are looking for sponsorship, but at 30 sponsorship is not an option to the best of my knowledge.

Hope you people understand my post.
You people?

Good luck to you CheerfulWannabe
POL (First Class Honours Degree in Electronic Engineering)