PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast approach speed
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 14:21
DaveMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast approach speed

Hi All

A question I hope someone can answer. On the flight last night (9th of Nov) from Stanstead to Shannon arriving at 7pm, approximately 60sec before landing a go around was initiated. The aircraft climbed for a short period and then circled around to line up again. On the second approach the aircraft appeared (to me) to land quite fast. It was bumpy on the way in but nothing that I have not experienced before. The rollout also appeared to take longer. We then taxied to the ramp and that was it.

The aircraft was a 737-800, the cloud cover was low and the weather was a mix of wind and rain. The return flight I believe was delayed but I’m not 100% sure.

It may have been a simple go around due to another aircraft on the runway. I would not ask only for the fact that the second approach appeared to be so much faster than the first approach or in my opinion faster than a normal approach. I use the term, normal in the context of a non pilot seated in the cabin. So it may have been a total non event but I would be interested to know the cause of the go around or at least your opinion on why it may have happened.

Regards

Dave