PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair's view on fatigue (merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 01:42
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Low-Pass
The question is, which way do you and your fellow employees want your relationship with FR to go? Do you want to be respected more or less by the company? Do you want to feel the pressure to operate in questionable circumstances or do you want the company to respect your judgement?
I am an outsider, just a traveller and observer but I think I can tell you that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that they can get the company to respect them. There is NO ACTION that they can take. The company will NEVER respect them. It is a one-way street. I say this because of what I have read over the years but it is illustrated very neatly in MoLs own words.

From The Independent Traveller supplement [UK newspaper] 5th November 2005. The article explains why Ryan Air will remain a domestic European carrier. MoL says: "All cabin crew and pilots want to fly transatlantic routes so they can ar$e around in New York all weekend instead of spending 25 minutes in Luton."

So, rather than the crew managing to get the legal minimum of rest, MoL thinks they are going to be making money and only HE should be making money. "It's much more efficient to be a bus service around Europe than a kind of charter holiday operation for flight crew so they can be on the doss in the Caribbean or New York."

Does that say it clearly enough?