PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei MarkII (Merged).
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 00:27
wayan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are all big boys.. you get put on a Command Course and fail...bad luck.Generally its the individuals fault..although a few boys might say otherwise.RBA has always had a high turnover of Captains, its part of the reason why most of us are here or still here...its a good oppurtunity.

The DT's and the RE's are being replaced with 6000 hour Captains, some of which it is there first Command...so what?
If the guy is no good he will not get through the course,the training standards overall are good in RBA.
The biggest concern is these junior captains flying with some of the ex cadets with 700 hours.Luckily that is happening less due to rishworth and other factors.So the guys arrive here with not much previous jet experience.So what... he will have in five years.I would far rather fly with these guys coming up here with 5,6,7ooo hours....
Some of the older chaps with command experience( which you cannot teach, thanks for stating the obvious there 14U)
have failed commands.It's not a function of age.

I do agree that the lack of experience and quality in the office is a concern.These guys are responsible for our safety culture, and this is a real concern.Which should be the focus.

Stop painting me and the majority of the other boys ,as inexperienced pilots.Because its a load of old pork...