PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair's view on fatigue (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2005, 19:46
worldwidewolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting back to my earlier point.

My personel view would be that IALPA could do worse than take a leaf out of the RYR book and drag the IAA through the courts on a charge of not having safety as a matter of importance.
For failure to implement due dilligence in seeing the ops. manual was adhered to.

If nothing else you would generate such adverse publicity for the IAA that it would become political.

Ryanair operate crewvans in Dublin airport that would have you arrested if you took them onto the open road in any civilised state. Un roadworthy and unsafe.

Where am I going with this??
Only in this banana republic (Geldof was right) would this be allowed to happen.

Occosionally, the IAA want to be seen to do something to RYR and will tell them that flight plan envelopes must be a certain size or something stupid.

Lets remind ourselves of what happened here.

A capt. is feeling fatigued and is not prepared to do extra sectors on a point of safety. Exactly as the Ryanair produced, IAA approved Ops. manual states he has a duty to do.
He gets demoted by RYR and the IAA scratch their arses.

My contempt is for the IAA. Not so much Ryanair, I expect nothing else from them.
The IAA are the guilty ones here.

Shame on them.