PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Give Ansett Crews Such Preferential Treatment
Old 7th Oct 2001, 10:44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR KING - I likewise have read nowhere about preferential treatment for AN drivers.

Whilst we're at it what differentiates the AN drivers compared to the salaries of their QF counterparts?
There's stuff all in it.

Now - a 747-400 Second Officer making upwards of $120,000 per year Mr King - now thats what I call overpaid!

Mr King - you get what you pay for and after some 35 years of airline flying I can tell you that if somebody is reportedly overpaid I ask you - compared to what?

Just compare salaries around the world of pilots flying similar types and I assure you pilots in Oz are not overpaid at all.
Certainly a 737 pilot with Polynesian airlines or Air Nauru get paid alot less than QF/AN but at the same time check out what Southwest is paying their 737 pilots!

Mr King - pilots are like chalk and cheese but when they are put into a check and training environment where their livelihood and passenger safety depends on the pilot's proficiency a number of times per year and an airline has the reputation of being number 2 in the world in terms of safety (AN) then I would never begrudge a pilots salary.

Would you Mr King go to an underpaid doctor for surgery I wonder or would you prefer the overpaid (and more likely more experienced) counterpart?
I guessed as much.

Sounds like sour grapes to me lad.