PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers technical knowledge and 747 damage photos.
Old 8th Nov 2005, 10:05
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABIW,

Why does the Ice Cream Sqdn need SNCO Mover involvment if the ALM has sole responsibilty for the frame???
The Flying club didnt want Movers on the C17 initially, until they realised that after chox in, the ALM wouldn't be on the same fun bus to the hotel with his fellow crewmates...because he would have to supervise offload/onload...!!!

Beagle,
Fwd hold door was opened more often than not so quickly, because of the amount of VIP's that were often carried...esp on the old Dulles sched...or even Comp Pax bags..!!

But forgive me, i really think it was to assist the AIRCREW in getting their overweight crew bags including duty free off first. After all it's your train we play with....thought the idea was to look after the customer,, ie the PASSENGERS, not you !! because you have had an oh so busy 4 day route....!!!

I recall a V wing crew at a secret Lincs base getting caught by customs for doing what you say....!!!
There are way's and means to get around any system..!!!

Also, in my time, i cant ever recall the Air Eng checking the holds prior to departure, my job as team leader was to notify the ALM the holds were ready to be checked....he/she then did a check !!!