PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Give Ansett Crews Such Preferential Treatment
Old 7th Oct 2001, 05:05
The King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why Give Ansett Crews Such Preferential Treatment

I feel sorry for the guys who lost their jobs at Ansett, just as I would if any pilot lost his/her job, however can someone explain to me what makes these pilots with their previously highly paid jobs more important than any other poor bastard who loses his job in this most mercenary of industries.
I lost my job some years back when a company I was with went tits-up, and I cant recall the government doing anything for me (except supplying me with the dole.)\
There was no call for other companies who might be looking for pilots to have to employ myself or fellow out-of-work pilots from my company before they could expand, such as Virgin has been advised to do by John Anderson.
For the dull ones out there, my point is that the Ansett pilots deserve to be able to apply for any jobs that may become available, but they should do so on the same basis as everyone else, and not with any government preferential treatment.
Let them achieve any new jobs on their abilities and aptitude like everyone else must.