PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Ryanair 5 - click here to support our demoted captains
Old 28th Apr 2001, 12:09
tailscrape

Thumbs down

I think the whole deal is preposterous. FR are finally showing themselves to be a real bad operation with this one.

The consequences of this are dire for all concerned and beyond. FR cannot be trusted it seems.

Save a few quid here a few quid there.A bit saved on salaries, a bit saved on taxy times, a bit saved somewhere else.......do they cut corners on their fleet too?

And whoever it was who was saying that they have missed the point.......does it say in FR contracts that XXX amount of salary is a subsistence allowance for being based somewhere? If not, then it would appear illegal to me to reduce salaries at a different base.

Michael O Leary said that effectively these new Commanders were getting a pay rise for going to CRL. Yeah, they are, but not as a reflection of basing, but because of RANK. To suggest almost as he did that they should be grateful is a disgrace. These Men and Women (?) deserve all our support and backing.

REMEMBER, THIS COULD HAPPEN TO OTHERS TOO. DO NOT ACCEPT OFFERS OF ANYTHING FROM FR IF YOU ARE IN ANY POSITION TO DO SO.

I don't work there, and I am glad I don't.Disgraceful behaviour.

So, O Leary, go back to your farm (or is it a camp site-if you know what I mean?) in the country and rethink your strategy.You should learn you cannot treat people like this.