Thread: Photo Licence
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2005, 06:23
JetRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UnderneathTheRadar

I wrote:

Photo Licences are NOT compulsory.

All you need to have if accessing a security controlled airport is an ASIC.

It is the ASIC which is required after 31 December not a photographic licence.

The fees she said were for the issuing of the ASIC and the background checks required, no fees for a photo licence.
UnderneathTheRadar wrote:

Jetracer

Please don't believe a word you were told by CASA - either you or they have it the wrong way around.

By 1 January - you MUST have an AVID. The process for applying for this means that you will also be issued with a Photo ID - so I guess she was technically correct but only very technically. If you had a photo id from before March 05 then you won't have an AVID.

By 1 January - you MUST have and DISPLAY an ASIC if you are airside at a SECURITY CONTROLLED AERODROME.

The AVID process includes a police check but not an immigration status check. The issuing of a AVID will also include giving you a photo license.

UnderneathTheRadar,

I was not talking about the requirement to have an AVID or ASIC.

I was talking purely in regard to a photographic licence. If you already hold an ASIC then you do not require a photo licence, and if you did 'want' one, then it is free.

IF however you do NOT have an ASIC, then the fees apply and you will be issued a photographic licence also (once they have your photo on database from the AVID/ASIC application.)

Didnt I write that you need an AVID/ASIC after December 31?? .....

Regards,

JetRacer