PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there a point?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2002, 04:21
wouldulikefrieswiththat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]You are sitting in Sydney Tower. .Year 2010,. .You've been doing it for a while now. Bit bored.

A young kid comes to visit the Tower. Must be only 20. Tells you that he just got a job flying a Chieftain out of Bankstown. "Jobs everywhere", he says. "Aviation is Booming so much you can pick the job you want"

"Oh great" you say. .He says "Yeah should be on a Dash 8 by mid next year!" "Qantas the year after"

Do you think..."Wow, thats great mate. Well Done"

or do you think,

"F@#*en Little Ar#@wipe Martha Focker" . .

<hr></blockquote>

I started flying when i was pretty young and i always thought i would get somewhere fairly easy given my age, however, given that i was not particularly a financial wizard, the best i could do was CPL by the age of 24, and being the shy lad that i am, found it hard to walk in somewhere and say "I'm the man your looking for!". .In the end i found a school that i thought was willing to give me a fair go, doing an instructor rating and then with contract signed and all, 6 months paid work at an agreed rate. Turned out i was taken for a ride that lasted 8 months and still no rating. So after that experience i was turned off GA, i thought for good.. .Was lucky enough to land a job with AsA. For 3 years i got to see the other side of the fence that was always kind of a mystery to me. I was on a contract with them which ended about 2 years ago and ever since i've been working in IT. Very well paid. BUT.........!. .In answer to question above, my answer would be the 2nd option. . .So, this has given me the strength to try again, and this time i am sure i will have the courage to see it through. Yes i am scared ****less, giving up such a well paid and fairly secure position with one of Australia's top telecoms carriers sounds insane!. .4 words buddy. .Life is too short.

[ 02 March 2002: Message edited by: wouldulikefrieswiththat ]</p>