PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naples Air Centre
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2005, 03:05
lineselect

I went for a look see at NAC and a couple of others, my personal opinion is that the planes I were shown ( a couple of warriors, c152's, c172's) were in bad shape, I dont know about internally, but they were dirty and smelly, lotsof broken little bits like smashed bits of plastic on them, the windows were so dirty I was amazed anyone could fly them! The C152's were smelly, dirty and I noticed the ones I was shown all appeared to have different equipment in them. The C172's were the most rundown planes I personally ( highlight personally as this is just my opinion) I have ever seen, lots of patched paint, mouldy interiors, and corrosion everywhere on all 3 of them. The 'new' c172 wasnt much better, it was once new yes, but it was a bit unloved nowadays, and I was told it was a 97 model, which is hardly new as they advertised. Overall the worst planes in my 10 years of hanging around little planes I have ever seen at a flight school.

Thats my 2 pennies worth, but I struck this school off my list due to the condition of the planes, PLUS I nearly forgot, the guy at the desk must have been having a bad day or something, he wasnt really interested in helping me, and there was another woman there who sat at her desk and totally ignored me,if it wasnt for the other guy turning up, sitting at his pc, clicking for a bit and then asking me what I was doing there I dont think anyone would have helped me!!! In the end it was one of the ground school guys who actually showed me around after a while sitting !

But I suggest you go and take a look at these USA schools before parting with your dosh. Dont trust the posters here, even my post is from experience a couple of months old now, things may be better, or worse now. It will be well worth a week out scouting around.