PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So.......... more 717's or what?????????
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2002, 08:59
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting that some contributors WANT to be QF drivers at some times and then bag them out at others. Which is it boys and girls?. .. .As for being 'QANTAS' pilots, that argument is a big like who has the biggest ego. Why does it really make a difference. Most blokes I fly with say it and just rolls off the tongue with nothing more insinuated than that is the company we work for. If we are really going to get down and ask 'would the real QF pilot stand up' then things have got to a sad state.. .. .That said, like a moth to a flame, I'd have to ask if the Hazelton and Kendall pilots thought of themselves as ANSETT pilots or not? I'm thinking most wouldn't have. No matter what the colour scheme on the aircraft and what the media may say, I bet their pay packet said 'Kendall'.. .. .Just because 'our' company owns 'your' company doesn't mean that 'you' work for 'our' company. If you want to think of it this way, 'our' bought 'yours' in a blink, 'we' can sell it or close it down in about the same time frame.. .. .Really though, we could be working together for better pay and conditions for all of us and here we are debating who really is the 'real' qantas pilot. Does anyone apart from those that wish to be really care?. . . . <small>[ 17 March 2002, 05:01: Message edited by: Keg ]</small>