PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bellview crashed after take off ???
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 20:39
African Tech Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest press reports are saying that a forged Maintenance certificate was given to Air France by a Nigerian carrier who had engine problems in Abidjan recently, carrier not identified but from the article it left no doubt who it was.
Interesting and I’m sure AF would recognise both a false CRS and a forged one – but why exactly were they looking at it ?
Guess they did the rectification so might look at last CRS – they would only be Certifying their work – but they could have refused to do so the work if they were that suspicious.
If AF (or anyone) is SURE the paperwork is false aren’t they required to make an immediate report to the appropriate NAA and would they really continue to work on the plane ?

Of course there have been instances where airline A doesn’t recognise a CRS held by airline B because it doesn’t look like theirs – in most cases this is because the NAA of airline A specify a Format while that of airline B specify the Content but not the format – and the required content can vary between NAA – but normally description of work / aircraft time / signature / date are included.

The AIB and NTSB will be checking CRS’s / Workpacks / Authorised Signatures – when they say something was wrong then I’ll give it far more credence.

PS
Know this is a Rumour network – just commenting on one posted.

PPS
Rani
In my opinion the most grotesque thieves are the politicians. But that's another thread/website.
- thats why we have Jet Blast

Last edited by African Tech Rep; 2nd Nov 2005 at 21:51.