PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar advertising for drivers in the Middle East
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 08:20
Believe Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC, thanks for the answer. It is as I suspected. You are a captain who has been here roughly 6 years, so your salary is 29,510/mth. At 2.78, that is oz 10,615, NOT oz 14,000. The erp will disappear in around 2.5 years if the AUD remains roughly where it is. And remember, lots of our colleagues are not receiving erp at present. You are a trainer, and hence you get the 5,825, but that is an additional allowance. And you have done 15.5 hours of overtime, something the B blokes aren't doing (at present anyway), giving another 6,200. (I'm also guessing there probably weren't a lot of days off, free of jet lag, after that lot). As for the education allowance, you are not getting 100% coverage, and I maintain you can get equally as good schooling in oz for the difference between the EK allowance, and the Varkhi fees. The profit share has been good, but it is profit share, not a bonus, and the rulers pretty much decide what they allow us to have. As for the provident fund, you are getting 12%, and in oz super is paid at 9%. However, in the last 7 years, my oz super has doubled, giving an effective return of 10%/annum. The A and B funds here have not even come close.

What I do agree with is that flying aeroplanes in oz has become a joke, and any form of Jet* is not the answer. Supply and demand, and there is still an enormous supply down there. Solution is to stay put until the s*** bucket overflows, then try something different. As I said, there are still lots of good things in EK as well.