PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar advertising for drivers in the Middle East
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 00:51
Believe Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cyclops

could you please tell me at what point my EK salary becomes oz $14,000 per month, because without inventing some ficticious exchange rate, or being here around 14 years, I can't see it? (And that assumes we continue to get increments, which JH is adamant we are not entitled to, but are given out of good grace). And you said overtime is additional to that. Well, I'm afraid on the B fleet, we rarely see overtime (although we used to until we lost credit for sims, AD's, leave etc).

Since when did EK pay 100% of your children's school fees? They have never done that for me. And, if your kids are at JPS (money-grubbing Varkhi school), then the difference between what EK contributes and the Varkhi fees, would be more than enough to send my kids to a school every bit as good as JPS in oz (yep GN, one may pay tax in oz, but there are benefits to be had from it).

As for the accommodation, it is a lottery. Some is very good, some is tragic. But then again, look at the stress the residents of Saud Villas have been through recently, as the accommodation department seems to have drawn a line in the sand at 115K dits. Yes, MF resolved it for them, but for 12 months only. And If you want to see an enormous social problem in the making, go and have a look at silicon city villas some time - where 600+ pilots and families will have accommodation provided. Imagine leaving, say the open spaces of Bowral, or a nice queenslander near Breisbane river, to go and live there - mmmmmm.

I would never suggest that everything is bad about EK, as there are a lot of good things. However, sometimes the rose tinted glasses have to come off.