PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easterns/Sunstate Q400?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 00:27
wayne_king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, i think the days of paradise are fast closing. There's been a marked change in the last 18 months, and the camp is not as happy as it once was. And i fear there's worse to come.

Anyone who can't see a single AOC coming has there head buried. Sunnies is getting dragged into the "war" whether we like it or not. And the Generals down south running the show arn't going to think twice about "easternising" northern management. And once that happens the last remaining happiness goes bye bye altogether. Just ask the Southern guys what happened.

And this isn't about line pilots, this is about **** management pilots trying to impress their corporate bosses by screwing their colleagues. Every inch that can be squeezed in so called efficiencies will be, the by product, pilot group unhappiness is acceptable. What they refuse to admit is an unhappy pilot group costs them a fortune, but because it can't be easily quantified it doesn't exist. What i can say from personal experience is that i now cost them a lot more then i used to, i still operate entirely with the SOP's but i just don't go any further than the bear essentials, and it's cost at least my salary in diversions, fuel, disruption, cancellations, late aircraft, passenger dissatisfaction etc. I'm not thrilled about doing it, but i can say that when you stop caring your life at work becomes a lot more relaxed.

"No conditions traded off", Not quite B55, but a spin that the Company and AFAP would like you to believe. At the end of the day it's simple, we could have all gotten more. And when i say that i don't mean $40000 more i just mean at least getting to 6 figures. It's a game of bluff, and we folded way too early. They came to us with a deal of 2%+2%+1% over 3 years for the 400. This was resoundingly rejected. Within 2 days the deal was 7% straight up, infinitely better. What would have another rejection gotten? Well we'll never know, but hopefully the EAA pilots will.