PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kaptin M et al
Thread: Kaptin M et al
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 08:14
Betelgeuse

Hell – you’re a bit sensitive HLAH!!

The fact that I called you and the other bleeding hearts on this forum “amateur psychologists” is somehow a denigration of Psychologists! You’ve got me scratching my head there!

What I’m saying is that you are not a psychologist, so don’t presume to give me psychological help that you’re not qualified to give, and which I don’t want and do not need. You don’t know anything about me, except that I didn’t scab in ’89 (or ever).

Thanks for the info on my handle – it’s not meant to be some deep subconscious reflection of my psyche, just that astronomy is an interest of mine and it is an astonishing object and sounded like a good name, and was available. Sure you’re not a frustrated psychologist wannabe? (Sorry – I couldn’t resist that one – no offence)

On the subject of handles, your posts might be taken a little more seriously if you’d chosen a different handle. It doesn’t really mean much, but does reflect somewhat on your credibility.

Actually I did my best not to accuse you of being a scab, and thought I succeeded. But the interesting thing is, so many contributors find the need to qualify themselves as “not ever having worked for an Australian airline etc…” I wonder why that is? I suspect that its to make clear that they are not scabs. So you see, so many say they are sick of hearing about it etc, but are still proud that they are not themselves scabs.

You took me to task over the issue of who is to blame for the unfortunate demise of your friend and/or colleague. Let’s see, your post was directed to Kaptain M, who is universally known as an ’89 non-scab, you mention Kaptain M ET AL in the second paragraph and proceed to give a word of advice. I presume ET AL is directed at the rest of the non-scabs who have expressed some satisfaction at the scabs being unemployed. You then talk about “forgive and forget” the events of '89 in the same sentence as the suicide of a pilot.

I’ve read and re-read your post, and it sure looks like you think our anger at scabs has something to do with his demise. Sorry, I don’t think I need to take that back.

So you think “war” is a “ridiculous” description of the events of ’89? Where were you when the prime minister of Australia, someone who was elected to serve the people, stood up on national television and declared “war” on a group of employees who were engaged in legitimate industrial action? Did you really not hear it? Perhaps you were too young, or maybe just weren’t really interested because it didn’t directly affect you. I’m alright Jack eh?

Look, I’m sick to death of those who keep bleating about closing threads because they don’t like what they read in them. It’s been said many times before – “If you don’t like reading it, just move on to another thread!” Hell, I do it all the time. Are you unable to do this? Hundreds of people do it every day.

So, lets hear from a few “returnees” – any one think now they might have acted less than honorably in ’89? Any feelings of regret now?

I didn’t think so.