PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kaptin M et al
Thread: Kaptin M et al
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 04:13
Betelgeuse

HLAH....

Actually, you could be right.

Don't think we '89 ers don't have sympathy fot the many caught up in the collapse of Ansett. The feelings you are experiencing now are very similar to what we all felt 12 years ago.

Fortunately for us, time has erased the memories, and we have moved on.

But there are still a few things about the attitudes of some posting here, that really get up my nose.

Particularly those attempting to claim the high moral ground, and giving all sorts of heartfelt, supposedly genuine advice on how to save me from myself. Let me give you some advice:

I DON"T WANT OR NEED YOUR ADVICE!

I've moved on. I've had 12 years to deal with it. I'm not sitting around wallowing in self pity, I'm now making the best of my life exiled from Australia. Sure I'm making big money, but it's only compensation for not being able to live and work in my own country.

And I'm still exiled (for economic reasons) because I lost years in recovering from the economic blow of '89.

Too bad about the displeasure you've had reading et al's posts - I've had to put up with just as much displeasure in reading the gloating and baiting of the scabs for the last several years. Not too many of you gave a toss then.

And don't try to heap guilt on us for the unfortunate death of a fellow pilot. I too had a pilot friend who I believe took his own life as a direct result of the stress placed on him after the dispute.

So get down off your high horses all you bleeding heart amateur psychologists. I too am sick of hearing from you.

Oh, and on the point of "forgive and forget."

In the 12 years since the dispute, I have NEVER heard one scab express even one word of regret, remorse or any other form of apology for his shameful actions in doing his utmost to prevent his former friends from flying in Australia again.

You use words like "I made the right choice" because it was purely a self interest choice, with no regret for the damage your actions would have on other people and their families.

I am still seriously affected by the actions of the scabs in '89. So before I say "OK - let's forgive and forget", lets hear some apologies from a few scabs. A few words of regret maybe, or even an acknowledgement that what they did might have been the right choice for them personally, but sure did wreck a lot of other lives.

But excuse me if I don't hold my breath.