PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2005, 14:18
letMfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox3snapshot
Ahhh yes those were the days eh? Tiger Moths, Vary Pistols, Biggles, "chocks away" and all that good poop!
Sad thing is, your not far off the mark! BTW We were on 7000AED/month and nobody moaned (probably because PPRUNE hadn't been invented). Come to think of it, computers hadn't been invented!

quadradar
Amazing we are all here really isn't it !
Tell me about it. I was in the number two seat when OBJ had a 140kph blow-out 10k short of Jebel Ali after the afternoon shift. Thinking ourselves lucky to have survived we then discovered that there was no spare, so the three of us (Warren effing E was in the back) started legging it in the sweltering summer heat. We thought our troubles were over when we were stopped by the fuzz who wanted to know what we were up to on the main highway in the middle of the night . Having tried to explain our problem, he then grunted and drove off! If it wasn't for four locals in a clapped out Sunny who gave us a lift (think of it - seven big blokes in a Sunny!!!)we would have been in a right old state.

Do you remember the spoof LATCI after the new cleaner binned all of the days flight strips. Mike B, the deputy SATCO blew a gasket and introduced the "handwriting specimen book" to try to identify the spoofer. Does it still exist, I wonder?
Fond memories of fish and egg rolls from Bateen canteen and "Emirates Burgers" from EAS ....

Shwarmas to die for at Satwa ....
mmmmm - almost makes me want to sign up for another tour!

Apologies to Piniped for hijacking the thread.

On with the bun fight.

letMfly out