PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator re-current training - what is important to you?
Old 1st Nov 2005, 11:05
alexban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when time remains at the end of the sim we usually have this 'what do you want to do,guys?' time.
It is the most fun and self confidence building flight i've ever had.No engine landing from different altitudes and distances from the rwy,different landing gear configuration landings,extremely strong crosswinds (we have a tre which had to land the real 737 at 59 kt crosswind) ,pilot incapacity after v1,followed by some major failure and SE ,single pilot landing.. or most lately:'you take off and land in one minute,no other requirement" -it's superb.
And yes LEM,the display is duplicated in the computer room.Last time we did a take off in FRA,and compulsory land in less than one min,I did a continuous left turn,at 500' ,60 deg bank,land at the middle of the rwy 25L in about 40 sec ,I found an A4 sheet of paper ,with the flight diagram depicted on it,waiting for us at reception when we exited the sim.And the guys there were quite smiling..they had some fun too,I guess..