PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei MarkII (Merged).
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2005, 07:44
Dark Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTB

So the DFO, who is ultimately responsible for the safe operation of flight operations, recognized three years ago crews were arriving for flying duty ‘tired and disheveled’ = fatigued, largely as a result of the heavy rosters, AND they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Yet his management response to this serious problem was to issue a notice to all crew NOT to arrive for duty ‘tired and disheveled’, without any change to the crews roster patterns.
Problem solved.
However when a captain stood up to him, he was victimized and sacked.

I look forward to using this approach to my next sim when the flight attendants advise there is an uncontrollable fire in the cabin, rather than remedying the problem, or diverting to the nearest airfield, I will simply write a notice to the senior flight attendant. ‘You will extinguish the fire immediately’, I will have the senior manager responsible for the safe operation of the aircraft, the Captain, sign the notice, stamped with the authority of the company, and give it to the senior flight attendant. Problem solved. My responsibilities for the safe operation of the aircraft are complete.

Sims were never so easy, I’m sure I would get glowing reviews on my sim report.