PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue are cry babies!
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2001, 15:40
KYBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mrs Concerned

Just to add to other comments

My family moved OS as well in 1990. It was the best thing we did. Made so many friends, experienced a very different lifestyle & did things that we would never have dreamed of if we had of stayed here

Although we are back in OZ now I still in many ways pine for the OS life style we had

I would not have missed it for the world & there were no bad aspects except for the distance from family which is not so bad anyway because they all visited numerous times.

A word of advice if u do go OS. Yes embrace yr fellow countymen where ever u go. Natrually that will occur anyway. They provide a tremendous support structure as well as helping answer all yr questions u may have. There are lots of little things such as driving licences etc etc etc that they can help u with.

However ensure u do also make yrself welcome to aviation & non-aviation locals. We did & to be honest it is the non aviation locals which we count to this day as closer friends.

I just wish i could do it all over again & that is quite amazing when I consider ourselves as totally suited & in love with the OZ way of life

My best wishes for u & yr family.............GOOD LUCK