PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue are cry babies!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 16:01
Betelgeuse

Mrs Concerned

Reading your post brought back a lot of memories for me. It was a harrowing time when we went O/S back you know when. My 2 children were very young, and we'd never before even visited the place where I got a job as an F/O.

But at that time, there was a huge amount of camaraderie in our group, and I know you will have the same support wherever you go, from other ex-AN people, and from the existing expat community. And don't forget - pilots are not the only expats in the world.

I too had a pilot friend who took his own life, and left a young child and wife behind. This episode has brought back a lot of sad memories for many of us too.

I think a lot of what you perceive as anti-AN is actually anti-scab - a quite different subject.

It may not be any comfort for you at the moment, but your current predicament may give you an insight into why we feel so strongly about our former friends.

Good luck if you do venture O/S - it is not easy, but it can be quite rewarding in ways you never expected. I have made so many friends from so many countries, and it's an experience most Australians will never have the opportunity to experience. It does give you a completely different perspective on the world.