PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue are cry babies!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 01:12
AlbertRoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree about the whinging part; we are starting to look like that's what we do best.
But, I also think we have to be VERY careful about a massive expansion right now. There is only so much that we can handle right now, with the training of crews, and NG engineers. We're looking at an additional two Classics and one NG before the end of the year, on top of the three NG's previously announced (-700 this month, -800 Nov. and -700 Dec.) and just with those 6 we'll be struggling to get them flown, so I really do think that they have thought about their predicament and that's all they can handle. For now, that is. But there WILL be steady expansion over the next couple of years and we may have only 10% of the market by the end of 2001, but by the end of 2002 it will be 15%, and 2003 it will be 20% and so forth. Steady as she goes, I say.
By the way, expect an announcement very soon about Wet Leased aircraft; I suspect they really are quite pleased about the QF/AC leases as it has now set the precedent and given us the opportunity to get more bums in seats.
PS Yesterday we had 97% load factors accross the board (if you take out that silly political service to Mt Isa) Not bad for a start up in only its 14th month of operation.

[ 02 October 2001: Message edited by: AlbertRoss ]